Sunday, March 8, 2009

Breakfast Casserole with Crescent Rolls


I found this recipe a few weeks ago and have been meaning to make it ever since. This morning we accidentally overslept and missed church, so since we had some time, I decided to try the casserole finally. We just finished eating and my husband said, several times, "This is the best casserole I've ever eaten!" I LOVE it when he loves what I cook.

Unfortunately I can't take credit for this yummy recipe...but I can share it!!!

BREAKFAST CASSEROLE WITH CRESCENT ROLLS

1 pkg. crescent rolls
1 lb. sausage (1 roll of mild)
4 eggs
3/4 c. milk
Dash salt & pepper
2 c. cheese, Cheddar or Mozzarella

  • Preheat oven to 350*
  • Grease casserole dish (we used a 9x13)
  • Layer rolls on bottom
  • Cook sausage & drain
  • Spread suasage over rolls
  • Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper
  • Spread cheese over sausage & add milk mixture
  • Bake for 30 mins.

Recipe courtesy of cooks.com

Southern's Suggestion: I think next time we fix this, I may try putting the crescent rolls on top.



1 comment:

  1. I make this, too! Well, mine is crescents on bottom, sausage, cheese, then crescents on top. It is so yummy. I think I might try adding the eggs next time - and I definitely recommend the crescents on top, too! :) Way to be a happy homemaker!!

    ReplyDelete