Thursday, March 12, 2009

Coffee Cake


One of my favorite 'meal' memories growing up is coffee cake. My dad used to make it and I just LOVED it! He would always leave a little bit of streusel topping for me to snack on. I made some this morning and thought I'd share the recipe! I believe it's from Bisquick.



COFFEE CAKE

Heat Oven to 400*

2 cups of Bisquick
2/3 cup of milk
2 tbsp of sugar
1 egg

STREUSEL TOPPING
1/3 cup Bisquick
1/3 cup packed brown sugar (light)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp firm butter

Mix until crumbly

Southern's Suggestion: I like a lot of streusel so I triple the streusel topping. That way, there's a generous amount on the coffee cake, and a little bit left over to snack on!

mix ingredients
spread in greased pan (9")
sprinkle with topping*
Bake 20-25 min

Makes 8 servings


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment