Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Crisco's Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies


Y'all...I have to admit an addiction here. I am seriously addicted to Crisco's UCCC.

Here's the backstory: Right around the holidays a friend of mine made some AMAZING chocolate chip cookies. I'm taking about the BEST cookies I've ever had! (and I'm a sweet addict...I've had a lot of cookies in my lifetime) I asked for the recipe and she handed me a little cardboard recipe card from Crisco. I must have been living under a rock b/c when I thought Crisco, all I thought about was that tub of lard from the Brady Bunch. Boy was I wrong!

If you haven't made Crisco's UCCC, do yourself a favor and try this recipe:

INGREDIENTS:

  • 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening
  • OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Butter Shortening Sticks
  • 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)

PREPARATION DIRECTIONS:

  1. HEAT oven to 375ºF.
  2. COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
  3. DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
  4. BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
  5. TIP * If nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Southern's Suggestion - I only let mine go for 8 minutes. 9 minutes MAX. I like mine to be a little gooey and not crispy.

**Photo courtesy of www.crisco.com**

No comments:

Post a Comment